Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Today's DCTS Sit-in Comments

One of the unique activities we do at school is called a "sit-in". We all get together and pass around a candle and share a particular feeling based on a particular topic. We are planning to hold a speak-out in Madison, Wisconsin, and we want to share some things about ourselves to show others how important this school has been to us. Sit-ins help our school community come together. At today's sit-in, we are talking about how DCTS has changed how we look at learning. Check out our comments below:

" Teachers teach me how to handle real life things."

"The best thing about this school is that the teachers make you feel safe."

"I actually want to get up and come to school, which has never happened before."

"Everybody gets along with each other at DCTS."

"If I hadn't come to this school, I would have dropped out. It is easier for me to learn and make friends here. Before, I wasn't planning on going to college, but now I am excited about it."

"If it weren't for this school, I would be staying at home or getting into trouble."

"Before I didn't feel like I could be successful, but now I am planning on going to college for Journalism."

"If I wasn't at this school, I would have no plans for college. Before, I didn't care about anything, and I was messing up my life. All in all, DCTS is a reality check; it helps you get going again."

"I learn more at DCTS in a week than I would in a year at a regular school."

No comments:

Post a Comment